Raura and Nubs

Raura and Nubs

Monday, August 1, 2011

India's Restaurant

Hello there! Laura Lee here.
My apologies to our many many avid R&N blog readers. I have been slacking on my pimping. Nub’s and I took a trip to India’s Restaurant the week before last.  I know. My bad. I have a million excuses, but I’ll spare you and get on with it…

 We were allured there by a one Chef Kenny Gilbert facebook post. Yes, the one belonging to the last blog, Nippers. It was interesting. That seemed to be the key word all night interesting.
We started off with awesome choice of Indian lager, Kingfisher. ‘Twas refreshing.

They brought this crispy… tortilla like crispy stuff. A little hesitant I let Mr. Larson take the lead. If you could refer to the picture below… the red stuff – amazing, the darker stuff – good, sweet, the green stuff – not my cup of tea. Don’t eat the green stuff. Don’t. I’m hating on the green stuff. For real.

Being the hungry indecisive ones we are we started with a veggie/meat fried mixed appetizer.  Yes, interesting AND fun.  You should play this game. Guess what’s in my mouth.  I recall what we deemed Indian boneless buffalo wings, and the cauliflower, the best.  It really was. Fried cauliflower is the shit!

My entrée was the chicken bhoona. Wussy mild.  I was scurred. The chicken bhoona pictured below chicken cooked with bell peppers, tomatoes, and fried onions.


Brave Lance, ordered medium lamb vindaloo, with potatoes in curry sauce. We played another guessing game with the rice. Nutmeg? Cinnamon? 

Can't forget the naan. Lovely light flat bread. So yummy. So yummy. Dippy dip.

This time we went with boxes instead of dessert. Happy and full, we made our way to Cliff’s for a heated game of shuffle board. I won. As usual. Bawhahahahahaha!

2 comments: