Raura and Nubs

Raura and Nubs

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fun with Sage

WHAT UP! 


I'm blurry cause I'm dancing.
This entry is on our last dinner at my place which was somewhere around two weeks ago.
Why? Because:
1.       It’s my turn
2.       Nubs and I are on a budget which means we (we as in Lance) will be cooking more
3.       Homemade = cheap
4.       NUBS CAN COOK.
Here we go…
Ingredients for a fantastic dinner with amazing friends
·         ½ cup Lance Larson
·         ¾ table spoon Laura Lee
·         A bunch of sage
·         1 iPhone full of 90’s dance music
·         High Ten
1st step: Call Laura randomly and freak out about an awesome idea about dinner. Let it marinate for couple weeks, do some tweaking where needed.
2nd step: Don’t forget the pork chops
3rd step: Dance in the tiny kitchen with filo dough and boil simple sugar (do not stir! The candy will crystalize!)
4th step: SHOTS!
Viola! Dinner is severed…
Starting with fantastic chicken pepper sage mixture wrapped in filo served with a savory butter sauce.



I want more now. Please.
Main course: Extremely tender and juicy grilled pork chops. Sorry mom, these are the best pork chops I have ever eaten. Fried gnocchi. No scales or measuring cups were used in the making of these perfect little potato pillows. I know, I am an eye witness. And swiss chard. Thank you, Lance for allowing me to try swiss chard. I never thought leafy greens would be so good. So, so good.

Gnocchi. So fun. Gnocchi.


What survived the horrific front porch/attempted runaway dog incident was still a light, creative and delicious dessert. Honey infused vanilla ice cream with a fun candied sage on top.

Thank you for an amazing dinner Lance. I was so happy to have some of my closest friends over to enjoy a great meal.

3 comments:

  1. I have also been yelled at for stirring, and the crystalization that will result! :) This sounds like a super fun evening! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its been too long since we had a dance party or dinner party! You've inspired me! Glad to find your blog- I'm a new follower!
    Meri
    http://merigoesround.com

    ReplyDelete