Raura and Nubs

Raura and Nubs

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ni Hao Raura

Here I am. Off my 9-5. Laura Lee Stein. Yes, a pencil pusher blogging about food. I somewhat have credentials…
I have my loving father to thank for my push into the world of culinary arts. At the end of middle school I had a sit down, going through a list of magnet schools (the nearby school was not an option). I said no to everything excepting cooking. As fall ensued I was off to Frank H. Peterson and there began my adoration for cooking, tasting, and learning food, food, food.
After graduation I met up with a one Lance Larson. We teamed up and hauled our lives 2 hours south west of hometown Jacksonville, FL to attend Orlando Culinary Academy. Yes, this was a shortcoming for me. Shut up, shut up, shut up. No, I could not take the heat. I got out of the kitchen.  
Well not really, I worked in a few mediocre restaurants (I’m not saying no names, yo) for a few years and moved on to office work.
Plus I have the appetite of 400lb walrus. That counts for something. None the less, I genuinely love food. Yes I do.
-          Laura Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment