Raura and Nubs

Raura and Nubs

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Speckled Hen Tavern and Grille

I’m taking initiative on this one, since I have the actual dining experience and Nubbykins has a bit of an unfair advantage. I had the pleasure of feasting at this glorious Southern Gastropub a few months ago with a good friend of mine. It was a great experience.
First off - the duck fries. Shut your mouth. The menu simply describes them as “Smoked sea salt, chives, horseradish roasted garlic aioli”. This does not do them there fries any justice. Potatoes fried in duck fat. :O <- oh face. Not just that, they’re topped with garlic aioli. I am a garlic aioli fan. Everything should be fried in duck fat and topped with garlic aioli. Shooot.



Miss Corey my lovely date had some pasta with a cream sauce. I don’t play that cream sauce so I didn’t go there. It looked nice.

I, on the other hand, had the braised short rib. Okay… so the plate was placed in front on me and I went at the B word (is this blog PG13?) with a knife. I didn’t need the knife. I didn’t need the fork. I could have broke out some chop sticks. So tender  for real. This, this, this, this, fantastical piece of meat was nicely accompanied by roasted oyster mushrooms, grilled grits, and very full little happy Asian girl.
 

Holler at Speckled Hen they makes good southern foods. Don’t be surprised if you see a friendly mohawked fellow with no pinkies.  

- Raura <3
Here's a little behind the scenes action. Short ribs just finished braising. The makings of wonderfulness.

2 comments:

  1. My cellphone takes good pics - NUBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I need to eat there sometime. Or Lance could just make me the same thing at home fo' free.... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete